The Internet functions very much like a hydrant. Its only promise is a powerful flow of information that enables learning and collaboration. This resource stream can lead to either revolutionary change or recreational noise. When properly understood and deployed, online organizing allows modern activists to employ time-honored strategies while aiming for the big changes our times require.
Nothing replaces on-the-ground organizing and campaigning. But supplementing it with an effective online strategy opens up opportunities to make these big changes Brandzel writes about.
On-line strategy is about messaging to motivate and creating effective on-line narratives that motivate people to act. reWORKit can help you develop this strategy through:
- social media strategy
- online video & webcasting
- blogger outreach
- measuring your on-line success
Email strategy is about building a list of supporters, developing effective email writing, and moving members to action. It is a crucial part of communication with your members and with the public at large. It seems simple, but email strategizing can be very effective.
- writing and designing email newsletters and actions, including tips for writing effective emails
- how to build your lists, both with members and the public at large and how to manage these contacts
- using different email lists for different purposes. This includes general lists, specific campaign lists, etc…
- email analysis to better engage with readers — This means understanding who is (and isn’t) reading your email, if it is being forwarded, if people are clicking through to your site, etc…
reWORKit can set you up with a simple, but powerful email campaigning tool that members and the public will want to read and engage with.
Social Media Strategy
- outreach to inactive members
- ask members about their needs & priorities
- send out information about Local meetings & events
- remind members about meetings or votes
- send updates about rallies & bargaining